Con Mi MADRE’s Corazón Awards honors individuals making a significant impact in the Austin community through individual excellence and high levels of accomplishment. Funds raised by the Corazón Awards will support programming expenses and participating families.
Community (two recipients): Individuals who have made a great impact in the areas of achievement including leadership, the arts, health, communication, community action, education or business, and have made a significant contribution to the Austin community through their service.
Mariposa (Butterfly): Created in 2011, Mariposa is a special honor awarded by the Con Mi MADRE Board of Directors recognizing an individual or organization that has made a lasting impact on the mission of the organization.
- Corazón Community Awards: Dr. Tracey Eilers; The Honorable Elizabeth Ames Jones; The Honorable Orlinda Naranjo; Cookie Gregory Ruiz
- Con Mi MADRE mother: Sonya Banda
- Mariposa Award: Dr. Dean White and Kathy Armenta (UT School of Social Work)
- Corazón Community Awards: Jeanne Goka; Rosie Mendoza
- Con Mi MADRE mother: Diana Rodriguez Riojas
- Mariposa Award: MariBen Ramsey
- Corazón Community Awards: Laura Duran; Gigi Edwards Bryant
- Con Mi MADRE mother: Silvia Martinez